Book Review: A January Bride

A January Bride (A Year of Weddings, #2)A January Bride by Deborah Raney

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Overall, I enjoyed this book. I liked that it was relatively light, even though there were some definite issues the main characters were dealing with internally. I liked the cast of characters that took part on the story, and I liked the setting. The only thing I didn't really love about it is more preference than anything else. It's nothing against the writing or the story, but I would have preferred only getting the POV of one of the main characters rather than switching between them. I think it would have made the story more exciting and surprising. I won't go into a whole lot of detail here, since I don't want to spoil anything, but I think only seeing things from one character's POV or the other could have opened a lot more options about where the story could have gone and how the romance could have developed. Like I said at the outset, however, I enjoyed it and the only thing I could really improve on is entirely a personal preference.

I would definitely recommend this book to anyone who wants to read a sweet romance.



View all my reviews

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review Overload?

Short Story Entry for Round 2 - SUBMITTED! Pew Pew!

The Art of the Slow Burn Romance - That S*** Ain't Easy to Write