Short Story Challenge: Good idea? Probably not...

I'm not sure what exactly I was thinking, but I signed up for a short story challenge that kicked off this past Friday. I'm not exactly good at short stories because I tend to like complicated plots with lots of back story, but sometimes it's fun to step outside of one's comfort zone. I've spent the last few days trying to come up with a worthy story to fit my prompts.

What are my prompts you ask?
Genre: Historical Fiction
Subject: Vengeance
Character: A seamstress

I was excited when I saw the genre. I love historical fiction. I was less thrilled when I saw the subject, but thought it was still workable and then my brain came to a bit of a stop when I saw the character. After that rather unfortunate pause I couldn't stop imagining a giant needle wielding woman running through the streets making all kinds of sewing pun threats. 


Fortunately, I was eventually able to move past that to start brainstorming. And while I won't bore you with the various ideas, let's just say it started out in Regency England, but it didn't end there, thank goodness! After a talk with my mom inspired a different direction than the one I was leaning towards, I'm not feeling pretty inspired. Let's just hope I can do justice to the idea. And who knows? Maybe I'll post it here later regardless of competition outcome. 

Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review Overload?

Short Story Entry for Round 2 - SUBMITTED! Pew Pew!

Book Review: Midnight in Austenland