Snowed In

So, as a northern Virginia resident, I am one of the many who was caught in the blizzard and basically snowed in for the last couple of days.  While it has given me some quality alone time... quite a lot, actually, it has also reminded me of my writing goals and shortcomings in meeting those goals.  While I have not been super productive on the writing front since finishing the first draft of my angels story, I have not been completely unproductive.  I have sent drafts to a few folks for feedback.  I've gotten some good general feedback so far, and still have a few folks left to hear from before taking a second swing at the next draft.

Until then, however, I have continued to make progress on my interview story.  It's not that far along just yet, but personalities are definitely starting to develop and scenes are being set for overall flow of the story.  I'm thinking it will be about 20-25 chapters long with most of those being driven by interview questions.

Hopefully, when it's done, it will have a good pace and be entertaining.  And maybe by that point I'll be ready to take a swing at a second draft of my angels story.  From there, I hope to be able to either start writing the sequel to the angel story or else start on another one altogether - one that takes place in the future in a society structured a bit different than ours is today.

But in the midst of all that, I still have a query letter to finish, fine tune, and get ready should that second draft ever be completed.  Here's hoping I can put in the work to make some dreams come true!



On a somewhat related note, I have been keeping busy reading and proofreading.  I managed to not only meet, but beat my reading goal for 2015!  I have also been doing a fair number of tech edits for work and been proofreading a magazine that's being published by a coworker.  So if nothing else, I'm trying to make sure my grammar is as air tight as it can be moving forward... fingers crossed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review Overload?

Short Story Entry for Round 2 - SUBMITTED! Pew Pew!

The Art of the Slow Burn Romance - That S*** Ain't Easy to Write