Book Review Overload?

I realize that I have been posting a lot of book reviews in recent days, and not so many personal posts. I will try to even out the balance between the two in the coming days and months. However, I wanted to go ahead and give you a head's up that I am going to try and write a review for every one of the 50 books I have set for myself to read this year. Or, in the event that I seriously hate the book, I will just give it a low rating rather than blasting it for its less that awe-inspiring nature.

In addition to my reading goals, I am also trying to gear up for more writing this year, believe it or not. I am currently working on a piece of fan fiction for the Mary Russell novels. The piece I am working on should pick up right after The Pirate King.  I've done an initial draft, but after some peer reviews, I've decided to take another pass at it and see if I can't make it a bit better.



Apart from the fan fiction, I am trying to set the ball in motion for making some serious progress with a story idea I've had for a year or so now.  Here's the rundown I have on it so far for The Reluctant Guardian...
  • Set during the days of Prohibition and decadence is a story that pits Good against Evil, where Angels and Demons are clearly aligned along their respective sides, but faced with an issue is not as clear cut as one might wish.
  • What happens when the Devil is the only one willing to save you while the Angels are sworn to destroy you?  Especially when the Devil puts forth a very different face than what you would expect...
  • What happens when a Guardian breaks the ranks and refuses to side with his Angel allies, and yet is unable to side with the Demons he has spent an eternity opposing, all for the sake of a single soul?
  • What happens when the soul is a contradiction in and of itself?  Add to that the forbidden love, long ago vows, and a world on the brink of the unknown, you might just get a glimpse of what faces the disputed sound that has set Heaven and Hell on a collision course for who knows what conclusion...


So, in order to better to tell that story, at least what I've thought of so far for it, I am trying to read a book addressing the role of angels throughout the Bible, and by extension if the author is to be believed, history.  I have high hopes for the story outlined above, so here's hoping the book I'm reading will be as helpful as I hope it will be!  Here's hoping, too, I've made some progress by the next time I post.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Recent Reads (Round 3)

Snowed In